Committee Against Caste-Based Discrimination
The Committee Against Caste-Based Discrimination at Dr. Y.S. Parmar Govt. PG College Nahan is a dedicated body established to uphold the principles of equality and inclusivity within the academic sphere. Committed to ensuring a just and prejudice-free environment, the committee diligently addresses complaints and grievances related to caste-based discrimination.
This committee consists of a diverse group of faculty members, staff, and student representatives who work collectively to promote awareness, handle complaints, and resolve issues pertaining to caste-based discrimination. Their aim is to foster a culture of respect, understanding, and acceptance within the college community.
Key objectives of the Committee Against Caste-Based Discrimination:
1. Awareness and Education: Conducting awareness programs and educational sessions to enlighten the college community about caste-based discrimination, its impact, and the need to eradicate it.
2. Complaint Redressal: Providing a secure platform for students, faculty, and staff to register complaints related to caste-based discrimination and ensuring prompt action and resolution.
3. Sensitization Workshops: Organizing workshops, seminars, and discussions on caste-based discrimination to sensitize the college community and facilitate open dialogue.
4. Policy Advocacy: Advocating for policies and measures that promote equality and inclusivity, discouraging any form of discrimination based on caste or social standing.
5. Monitoring and Reporting: Regularly monitoring the college environment to identify potential instances of discrimination and reporting to the appropriate authorities for necessary action.
By actively engaging in these initiatives, the Committee Against Caste-Based Discrimination at Dr. Y.S. Parmar Govt. PG College Nahan strives to create a harmonious and equitable academic environment, fostering growth and development for all.